Chroma Squad: sentai heroes, manager, tactical turn-based, meta-game, pixel art fun! Everything you want in a fresh indie game! In this game you become responsible for managing and recording episodes for a sentai TV show.
So, what is Sentai? This game is based on 90's Tokusatsu TV series, like "Power Rangers", "Flashman", "Changeman" or... "Captain Planet And The Planeteers". Yep, any group of 3 or 5, each with different powers, whose union makes a special weapon appear to defeat their enemies. In this case, Captain Planet himself.
In Chroma Squad you'll see tons of references, including riders Tokusatsu, solo heroes, and every bit of our geeks 80 and 90's culture. So, get ready for a experience full of color!
The main story of the game is about a group of stuntmen who decide to start their own sentai TV studio. You become their manager, hiring actors, purchasing awesome cameras, and making everything explode with your special effects. But their adventure becomes so exciting, that they start thinking that everything is actually real.
The game was funded using Kickstarter, and the expected launch date is April 30, 2015.
Here's a quick list of what you can do in the game:
- Hire and customize your actors.
- Choose their jumpsuit color and their roles on battle.
- Select skills and make your own build of abilities. Each color has its own skill tree of possibilities.
- Buy equipment for your studio, such as cameras, microphones, chromakey carpets and lights to improve your gameplay experience.
- Record episodes and complete seasons.
- Each episode is a mix between tactical turn-based battles, with tons of dialogues, and explosive cinematics.
- You have the lights, the cameras, and of course, you make the action! You control the movement, attack and skills of each of your chromatic party while recording.
- Purchase consumable items and improve your abilities. Example: buy fireworks and gain +1 damage to your attack.
- Create channels and improve your marketing campaigns, sending letters to your fans' mailboxes, chatting on IRC, going to conventions, and releasing comic books.
- Take care of your fans, in a very cute mini-game, listening to their distinct stories and deciding if they deserve what they're asking for.
- Like a little boy who asks to visit the studio, but once you let him, you can't tell if he might break anything valuable. ;D
- Record episodes with other studios online. Fight for audience in cooperative and competitive modes.
- Create your own TV studio: hire actors, upgrade your equipment, do marketing, craft weapons, costumes and giant cardboard robots!
- Tactical RPG combat with a twist: combine your heroes' abilities with Teamwork maneuvers!
- In-Depth RPG systems with skill trees, random equipment, crafting, and branching storyline!
- A love letter to tokusatsu and the Japanese series of our childhood!
- Deliciously-animated pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack that shines like justice!